KICK-START YOUR CHILD’S LIFE
The Gold Coast Chito-Ryu Karate Little Champions program is a unique program designed from the ground up especially to introduce young children (4-7 years of age) to the benefits of martial arts. The program incorporates the basics of karate, self-defence, coordination, flexibility, exercises in mental focus, respect and courtesy are stressed in order to develop a child’s basic learning skills.
The Little Champions program has been developed collaboratively by professional child educators, professional martial artists and parents to give children a fun, interesting and rewarding introduction into martial arts. The teaching approach, grading system and the syllabus are designed to suit the learning needs of young children.
Your child will develop a high self-esteem and a can-do attitude that will set them up for life!
- Monday 4:00-4:40
- Tuesday 4:00-4:40
- Wednesday 4:00-4:40
- Thursday 4:00-4:50 (combined with Karate Kids)
- Saturday 8:30-9:15 morning (combined with Karate Kids)
note – During school holidays the class schedule may vary
WHY SHOULD YOUR CHILD DO KARATE?
There are many reasons for studying karate:
… and its fun!
Our Children our Future
We view karate as a means for developing skills for life; our program develops healthy lifestyle habits through regular exercise, self motivation, focus and confidence. Through training in karate, your child will learn respect for themselves and for others; key components of a happy healthy lifestyle.
The karate ranking system is a natural way of developing leaders, the responsibility of the senior belts to provide a good example and to help the younger belts is an important component of the Little Champions Karate program, and forms an important part of developing the leadership skills that will develop strong leaders for the future.
Developing Life Skills
- Karate for children is a great way for them to develop important life skills in a controlled supportive environment.
- Through the disciplined structure of the class they will learn how to conform to the rules and the benefits they will experience from doing so.
- Through interacting they will learn how to relate and work with others.
- Through testing they will learn how to work hard to achieve their goals and how to deal with disappointment and elation.